New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 NO PHONE AT HOME

Author: PIERRE  (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date:   01-23-05 07:20

is it that common for russian women not to have a phone at home.

Reply To This Message

Re: NO PHONE AT HOME

Author: Liliya  (195.158.6.---)
Date:   01-23-05 07:51

Dear Pierre, sometimes this may be so..... :) where lives this lady?

best regards, Liliya

Reply To This Message

Author: PIERRE  (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date:   01-23-05 08:10

SHE LIVES IN SAMARA

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-23-05 09:32

this is not amazing fact for such city as Samara..... besides can be a various reasons for this.....

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   01-23-05 10:01

Liliya, don't confuse Pierre :)

The simple answer is - most people have phones, there are rare cases when they don't for some reasons or other.

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-23-05 10:47

Dear Tann, I think we are both right.... :)

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   01-23-05 13:37

Communications have gotten better over the years. I know that in Ukraine,telephone service which used to be so expensive ( 2-3 USD per minute) has become much more affordable. Also,Pierre,if she does not have a phone,you can bet your bottom dollar her mama does,or one of her good friends. It is not the stone age in Russia. Many women also use their friend`s computers to write. It has been interesting to read today`s threads. Tann,you seem to me to be very level headed and intelligent. Remember that if something seems too good to be real,often it is not real. I used to let my heart guide the way in this search,and often I would ignore the yellow caution flags. A woman who is sincere will answer all your questions directly,even if she does it in broken English,or in a way that is more difficult to understand. Unless your queries are written in a complex way. It is okay for a woman to use the same "canned" reply for an introductory if she shows interest. If she knows very little English,her replies may be short and a little tough to understand. I also wanted to acknowledge Tim`s reply in another thread about insincere men. There is a scam for every occasion. Russian men pretending to be gay,American men ( living in America) pretending to be Russian. There are Ukraine and Russian women living in the U.S. who were tricked into coming here,and now live in unloving marriages. Many men only want entertainment,perhaps the thrill of a conquest. I am certain there are some broken-hearted women from abroad who were misled by some loser who purported to be a doctor. It is a delicate balance. I have read before that the statistic of successful Russian/American marriages is 50% ( after 5 years of marriage) this is considerably better than American marriages. And it is something to hope for. Good luck,and keep your eye on the big pricture!!!

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net)
Date:   04-23-05 04:47

Yes american divorce rate i hear has hit 70%.

Reply To This Message

Author: Gerta  (---.dial-up.kraft-s.ru)
Date:   04-24-05 19:26

Hi Pierre
I live in Samara. This is a big nice city. I think your lady doesn't have phone at home because it's her option. Most people have cell phone..

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-25-05 00:11

I repeat myself--if she does not have a phone, chances are she has access to a friend`s phone. And if it is too expensive,you can send her a 5 or 10 dollar phone card. This is money well spent to discover her honesty and legitimacy!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Tim  (---.motorola.com)
Date:   05-04-05 15:57

Guys, actually home phones is really expensive but only for outgoing calls. For incoming calls it is doesn't expensive. I don't know what's about Ukraine and Belarussia, but in Saint-Petersburg and Moscow and many others cityies of Russia incoming calls are free. My friends from USA and Canada periodically calls me on my home phone and on my cell phone and there is no problems.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-05-05 06:34

Exactly right Tim,and I buy my time from an internet site and get 12 cents a minute calling Almaty. It`s funny-because my Ukraine friend in New York will actually get charged for her minutes simultaneously with me!

Reply To This Message

Author: CharmingTiger  (---.onspeed.com)
Date:   05-05-05 14:22

A home with out telephone is really rare and very rare in these days.

Reply To This Message

Author: keith  (---.balt.east.verizon.net)
Date:   06-20-05 03:23

I am in contact with a woman with no fone, but she said she is willing to use a pay phone.

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net)
Date:   06-23-05 03:41

Alot of girls dont have phones in Ukraine. Cell phones there are very very expensive, and if you are making $40 per week (800 UAH months = teacher salary) its not easy to afford it. Also, alot of apartments dont have home phones either, and even when you do have home phone its not always guaranteed that it will work al the time.

Go to Kiev and check the lines for people queuing to catch a bus - it can be like 200 metres long and they will wait for 40-45 mins patiently, cuz they cant afford taxis, and taxis are cheap there, maybe $3-4 for a 15 minute taxi fare.

Internet cafes cost about $2 a hour (9 UAH) which is alot of money for a ukraine girl. There are a few cheaper internet places that charge 4 UAH, 80 cents per hour, but it usually involves going to some place where you will have to wait for a long time to use the internet.

I think that western guys have to be very patient with girls from ukraine and russia in waiting for their replies, because it is a hassle getting access to the internet there and getting access to a phone.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.