New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Just a few thoughts.........

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   02-02-06 19:10

First,I want to say that in my first experience with Russian ( not FSU,but Russian) women,I was living in my home state of MOntana. A friend of mine had found a Russian wife,whose mama had moved in with them,and then the sister followed. When I questioned this man about the women,he told me many times that Russian women were consummate liars ( maybe I should say prevaricators of the truth?) Now,do not be insulted ladies. This may have meant these particular women in general!! He also said that once they learned how--they used profanities and cursed like a truck driver ( now,truck guys do not be insulted by this stereotype!!) or drunken sailors. This was my first experience. When I met the ladies,I thought they were shrewd and maybe a little stern,but I thought " WHo wouldn`t be,coming from Gorby`s country which was in the first stages of revolt and military coup?" I also met some men who spoke to me of the hardships which they suffered in the red army--which included lack of food,poor living conditions. A small wave of people moved to Montana at this time. I see them as survivalists who clung to anything they could to make it in this tough-ass world. They would have weekend garage sales of the donation items which were smuggled from the various charities. I was witness to some of the thefts--among these,many cases of pink salmon. Then,there began a rash of car thefts which were virtually non-existent in Missoula,Montana and the area. To this day,my mama is suspicious of FSU people ( who are called Russian by so many! ) even though I have tried to tell her that there are many different countries. Now,I believe in live and let live--and perhaps even a little piracy if somebody is desperate enough for simple appropriations of food meant for their families. I write this post because I am curious about the mindset of people who come to a strange land ( US) with a strange language and strange customs. Can anybody add or detract from this? Perhaps in Russia herself,daily life is about struggle for the basic essentials,and even when the people come here ( as refugees? ) they have not been convinced that this is the greatest,most abundant country of the world. And maybe,just maybe,in this great land of opportunity,these people have to be taught about hope and the acquirement of small dreams through the same diligence and tough labor they knew back in the mother country. More thoughts please!! Come out Irina,and please do not feel insulted by my directness in questioning. I love all people,Slavic,Baltic,or parapalegic!!!

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.