New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Flights and Visa from the UK

Author: Tony Harper  (---.pink.co.uk)
Date:   07-14-06 11:14

Zdravstuite

I would appreciate some constructive help and advice please from this forum.

I would like to visit two locations in Russia and Uzbekistan. I have the documents for the visa applications for both countries. I know the location where to submit these documents in England. However, I am having problems with the “Letter of Invitation” and what details should be recorded.

I would be visiting both countries without the help of any tour operator as I wish to stay privately with friends and not in isolation in some hotel.

Flying from Heathrow London to Stavropol seems impossible, and I am making enquires about London – Moscow – Stavropol. There are flights from Heathrow London – Tashkent with a one stop so that is not a problem.

Ideally, I would like to fly London – Stavropol – Tashkent – London I realise that Moscow would be an intermediate flight changing location as to Istanbul on the return flight back to the UK.

My questions

• Has anyone had experiences with the letter of invitation?

• Does anyone know of web sites for internal flights within Russia?

• Similar to the above is there any knowledge about flights from Russia to Tashkent?

• Most importantly, and this question is addressed to the Ladies, Is there any etiquette or actions that I should observe other than the normal politeness that everyone should afford to each other. If the situation permits, is it acceptable to kiss in public and when meeting someone? I have been in some countries where holding hands between man and wife is not allowed in public!

I know about even number of flowers are usually given for funerals.

Having spent four years in an Islamic state I know about removing shoes, which might apply to my trip to Uzbekistan. I am also aware that Ramadan is due in 23rd September to 23 October.

September 1st is Uzbekistan Independence Day

Any help or advice would be gratefully received and I thank you in advance

Do svidaniya
Tony in the UK

Reply To This Message

Re: Flights and Visa from the UK

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   07-14-06 12:27

Tony, as far as I know all invations are done by an agency, and most of the agencys work with travel agencys.

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (212.116.226.---)
Date:   07-14-06 13:21

Tony, I think that you could have great help from Liliya (ID=14574) so she was living in Uzbekistan for very long time and knows more about life and flights to there.

Reply To This Message

Author: Sam  (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date:   07-14-06 13:39

Tony,

As in the US I am sure there are Russian businesses that offer a package of invitation and visa together. In the US I pay around $450 for a one year multiple entry Visa with invitation and visa fee included. Most Russian travel agencies in the US not only offer this service but also can sell you domestic air tickets. There are more Russians in London than there are in any other Western European city; certainly more than in Los Angeles; so I am sure you can find a Russian travel agency to this for you. Note however, the longer term visas require longer processing time for invitation and the visa itself. I allow one month for the one year visa.

As for display of affection, the Russians are more into it than we Americans or you, the Brits! You will see it everywhere, especially in larger cities. The Russian’s sense of timing is different though, and as you are probably looking for a lady over 35, belonging to the old Soviet culture than what is known there as the New Russian, you should be more conservative with your sense of timing. When timing is correct, public display of affection is common and delightful for the ladies.

Aside from the romantic kiss which should be timed correctly, the proper way to kiss Russians in greeting –when some friendship (or a few meetings) has been established- is to kiss three times on the cheeks, alternating from left to right!

Meeting a lady for the first time does not require flowers or a gift, although doing so would be preferable and if so keep it modest and small. In my first meeting, I offered a small scented candle –that I bought in Los Angeles- when meeting a lady outside, because the lady could put it in her purse and not walk around to a café and back with a huge bouquet of flowers!! Flowers are suited if you know you are meeting at a café after which you put her into a taxi for which you pay the driver. That way the flowers are not a logistical problem!

Shoes should come off not only in Uzbekistan but also in Russia! Do not be fooled by the older, dirtier look of the Russian cities; on the whole Russians, especially their women, have better hygiene and sense of tidiness than American or Brits do, which means they take their shoes off right at the entry and use slippers!

Feel free to ask other questions, although I do not have any experience with Uzbekistan; but I am sure some other people here might.

Good luck!

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.