New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Visas for eastern europe

Author: James  (---.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net)
Date:   07-17-05 01:09

President Yuschenko (Ukraine) has been making the rules easier for foreigners to visit Ukraine.

First, he allows EU ciitzens to visit Ukraine with no visa from May 1 to Sept 1. I am still waiting to see if he extends this rule, as i will be in Kyiv for language school in Sept.

Second, he allows US citizens that have previously been issued visa to ukraine, to come back to Ukraine within 6 months and enter with no visa.

Visas are expensive things to Ukraine and Russia and cost between $100-150.

I am hoping that things get easier for foreigners, like they are in countries like Latvia where both americans and european citizens can enter visa free.

If anyone has any news on getting visas to eastern european countries, it would be nice to hear from you.

Reply To This Message

Ukraine Visa for Americans

Author: James  (---.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net)
Date:   07-19-05 05:20

Does he anybody know whether americans need a visa to go to ukraine?

Yuschenko signed a new decree effective July 1, 2005 which states the following: Please, be informed that the President of Ukraine signed the Decree No. 1008/2005 "On the Establishment of Visa-Free Regime for Citizens of the United States of America" on June 30, 2005.

According to the mentioned Decree, starting July 1, 2005 visas are not required for the US citizens who enter Ukraine within six months after their previous trip to Ukraine or transit through its territory for a period of up to 90 days with a valid American travel passport.

It states "or transit thru' for upto 90 days"

So if i go to ukraine for 3 weeks, will i need a visa?

HELP !!!!!! Maybe Blaine or Jeff knows the answer to this question :)

Reply To This Message

Re: Ukraine Visa for Americans

Author: Liliya  (---.uzpak.uz)
Date:   07-19-05 09:42

I think better to check it on site of the embassy, this could be correctly

Reply To This Message

Re: Visas for eastern europe

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   07-19-05 14:10

I think this is just for reentry

Reply To This Message

Re: Visas for eastern europe

Author: Liliya  (---.uzpak.uz)
Date:   07-19-05 14:35

here you can read official information http://www.ukrconsul.org/visa/Ukraine%20Drops%20Visa%20Requirement%20For%20US%20Citizens.htm

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.